The Nigerian Senate on Thursday confirmed the nominations of Chief Olabiyi Durojaiye as chairman of the Governing Board of the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) and four others as commissioners in the Commission.
Confirmed commissioners for NCC include:
– APC leader, Chief Bola Tinubu’s ally, Mr. Sunday Dare as Executive Commissioner;
– Clement Omeiza Baiye (Non-Executive Commissioner);
– Chief Okoi Ofem ObonoObla (Non-Executive Commissioner); and S
– Senator Ifeanyi Ararume (Non-Executive Commissioner).
Two of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s nominees –
– Aliyu Sa’idu Abubakar (Stakeholders Management) and
– Pastor Ezekiel Yissa (Non-Executive Commissioner) .
The Senate Committee on Communications did not recommend the duo for confirmation for certain reasons.