Sad! Fire kills 3 siblings locked in a room by their mother in Lagos

0
J 802-31 tears Ann Marie Young, 25, cries as she grapples with depression brought on by a gunshot wound during a robbery that left her a paraplegic, unable to care for herself or her two young children. After Young tried to commit suicide three times and her mother could no longer meet her serious medical needs, she was moved to the Golden Age Home in Kingston, Jamaica, surrounded by residents who are decades older than her. The children now live with relatives. Food For The Poor staff photo by Benjamin Rusnak

If Ngozi Ifediba, a resident of 15 Ikuna Street, Liasu Road, Ikotun Egbe, knew what was ahead, she would not have locked her three children – all below 10 years –in a room on a day when fire engulfed her one-room apartment.

The children, identified as Chiamaka, Emmanuel and Chiagozie, died at Do-alllars Hospital, Ikotun, where they were taken to, for treatment.

NAN quoted a source as saying one of the victims died shortly after they were brought to the hospital.

The source said the fire, which started around 2 pm on Tuesday, was caused by power outage.

“One died at 11pm on Tuesday and the second one died 12:30am on Wednesday,” the source said.

Mutiu Wasiu, a tenant in a building adjacent to the affected house, said the room’s window was forced open before the victims were brought out.

Wasiu said the children were found unconscious and covered in smoke.

“It was a terrible experience for me; I see no reason why someone will lock her children inside the house to buy something,” he said.

“It is only God that can save the children because the state we found them was not palatable.”

Francis Simon, a resident of the area, said the children would have been rescued on time but their neigbours were more concerned about saving their property before the fire escalated.

Simon said the fire was eventually put out before the arrival of fire service personnel.

“We managed to put the fire out with the help of outsiders and passerby,” he said.

Confirming the incident, Razak Fadipe, director, Lagos State Fire Service, said the information they received on arrival at the scene was that the victims’ mother locked them in.

“She was said to be cooking and left them inside to purchase some items in a nearby shop when the incident occurred,” Fadipe said.

Ad ==> A Former One Minute Man Who Now Last 35mins+in Bed Reveals The Secret Of His New Strength.  

Face Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here